Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coated/Uncoated Paper


A customer who recently purchased a lot of Unitrade #BK82c 1982 Maple Leaf issue complete booklets - coated paper - set of ten different covers. VF-NH. wrote to me:


Received set of 10 booklets 82c today. Thanks again for the fast service. Please advise how you distinguish between uncoated and coated paper. Thanks.


I replied: Thank you for your question. I keep a silver coin in my pocket – actually an 1812 bank token which is sort of a good luck charm with a hole in it. Stroke silver across the coated pane and it leaves a light dark mark. The set you have is probably marked thus if you look closely. Any piece of silver will do. Stroke it across the uncoated paper and it leaves no mark.

Best Regards,
John Talman
John H. Talman Ltd.
http://www.talmanstamps.com/


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic web site, I had not noticed talmantips.blogspot.com earlier in my searches!
Keep up the excellent work!

free web site hit counter