Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Customer Writes...

We recently received a note from one of our loyal eBay buyers:

Q: Hi John, thanks for everything thankyou very much , seems i owe you some more money , wish i was richer would buy all your stamps , When i was 6 , i went by bus to Downtown Vancouver to the stamp shops , must have been around 6 of them , best days of my life , anyways thanks John

To which we replied:

Hi, Enjoyed your note! Thank you very much! My parents had a used book store when I was a kid and we attracted a few stamp collectors as customers. One of them, a guy named Bob Libby taught me a lot about stamp collecting. The store was near Dundas and Ossington in downtown Toronto and many days or nights I would take a long walk and look in the many store windows that held a few stamps for sale. I had a paper route and would also caddy at golf clubs, thus I had a few spare bucks to spend on stamps. After all, stamps are not a matter of life or death, they are far more important than that!
All the best,
John Talman


Always good to hear from you!

John Talman
John H. Talman Ltd.
http://www.talmanstamps.com/

Update, September 17, 2010
our customer replies:

Hi John
thats amazing , I hunted for golf balls and sold them to the golfers for 10c each, also I had a paper route too , 86 papers each night 6 days aweek the old paper shack best times
thanks John ,

No comments:

free web site hit counter