Saturday, February 23, 2008

Unitrade #BK88b - New Variety?


The 1985 34c Parliament Buildings 50c Booklet has shown up with what I think is a new variety. These booklets normally have 37 vertical perfs. and are usually 69 ½ cm high. A number exist 72 cm long and while they still have 37 vertical perfs, there is room for at least one more perf. at the bottom on the larger panes. Without the perf. the pane looks partially imperf. at bottom. Differences in pane sizes are noted on Unitrade #BK78a and 78b and 80f but not noted on #BK88b. We are selling these for $15.00 per booklet, plus shipping and taxes (for buyers in Canada)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, good catch. Nice to see new varieties popping up and someone on the ball enough to catch them.

I like this blog; I wish there were more posts! The writing is nice and clear and the pictures good to look at. I wrote a review for you over at my stamp blog. Let me know what you think here.

John Talman said...

Your comments are much appreciated and I look forward to having a closer look at your blog. I used to write an odd stamp column in the early-1970s for a mining magazine called the Falcon. Due to an article that I wrote which was republished, I was credited with discovering the Opal Booklet with cross perfs. Unitrade #455ai (Cat. $140). Not sure how this variety happened, but they are very scarce. All the best!

free web site hit counter